Version : 0.1 March 2014
Pillars is a MaxScript for Autodesk 3ds Max. It creates 3d models of pillars, columns, railings, fountains and a variety of similar shapes. It also breaks them.
This script can be freely distributed and used for any commercial or
non-commercial purposes. The code can be modified or improved freely.
We'd greatly appreciate if the links/author names are kept
intact if modified.
- Creates the base, column and top parts independently.
- You can change any part at any time. The model changes instantly in the viewports. (Real time interactivity)
- Creates simple, fluted and fancy pillars of all kinds.
- Breaks the pillars.
- Breaking point, angle and roughness can be controlled and experimented with.
- Breaks pillars into many pieces if needed.
- Some presets have been provided to get you started.